Quote of the Day

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Zach's Cake...


Here's the cake the I decorated yesterday. Nothing special about it and in fact, was really easy. But I had problems with the icing recipe I chose... too soft... so it took some playing with and the shell borders were soft and not defined....but the kid is 4 and won't mind. Rather than put some plastic little decoration, I found the Thomas birthday train at Target and made that part of his present. The cake is on it's way... I will have to wait til tonight to find out what he thought of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well color me impressed!!! That is so cool. Can't for the life of me figure out how you do the sky and the grass though.

I'll bet the birthday boy was very pleased.

Tango said...

DTF ~ Wonderful job on Zach's cake. You're a woman of many talents! I am very impressed. Very Nice!

BTW...you've been tagged to take "THE GEEK TEST"!

Lemon Stand said...

What an impressive cake. I can bake a lot of things well but cake has never been one of those things. I'm sure he will be thrilled no matter WHAT it looks like, but believe me, that is far better than any "I" have ever made! Congratulations. And Happy Birthday to Zachary!

DTF said...

Zachary did indeed love the cake. I got a phone call yesterday from him thanking me (well, ok... he was being prompted by his mom the whole time).

As for the sky and grass, sin, it is a special colored spray for cake decorating. Nice and easy...