Quote of the Day

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Do You Get a Teen for His Birthday?

K1 has a birthday at the end of the month. It's not too hard to shop for him as he just bought his Wii and the kid actually likes clothes. However, this year he put in a special request for a present... okay, I am always willing to consider new ideas. BUT I am not buying my son a present in which he could end up dying... is the kid insane? What did he want?... The CMDR will like this one... he wants me to get him skydiving lessons. See he had asked about a month ago when I asked him if there was a sport that he wanted to take lessons in or sign up for... K2 has fencing so I thought he might be interested in doing something. When he first mentioned it, I told him that there HAD to be an age requirement... thinking that it was at least 16 if not 18... Hello, insurance??? Well, he was so proud of himself... he googled and came up with this place... and look it says "we have jumped people of all ages... " I still don't know if that means CHILDREN but it doesn't specify. But it doesn't matter... the kid will have to be heartbroken on this birthday... no skydiving lessons for him... Kerap! My hair is already going gray... I don't need to be fully gray by 40.

4 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

Skydiving lessons? I'm glad I don't have to consider that... yet. :D

SINFUL said...

I don't think 'people' of all ages is the same as 'children' of all ages is it????

Get him lessons on packing a parachute this year . . . that ought to put a little fear in him. How is he at folding his clothes???

R&R said...

He's just warming you up for the motorcycle...

Pretty adventurous spirit your lad has. Boy, are you about to have a sooper de dooper FUN couple of years! : )

DTF said...

Just wait, lemon stand, your time is coming!

Sinful, Good idea! Will start that first... it should take him about 6 years to get the folding laundry thing down.

R&R, He's already mentioned wanting a motorcycle. Told him... he needs to worry about a car first... we live in the frozen midwest... motorcycle is impractical 7 months of the year... ;)