Quote of the Day

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Whining and Revving...

So I posted on the BB today about my frustrations with the scale not moving very much lately... and in fact, it hasn't made it back down to my lowest weight loss level (I am still 2 pounds away from that). You will see my actual post in a day or two when I do post the week's Sitrep. I am just waiting for Alden's response before I post. But in my post I mention that while I am happy for those who are losing dress sizes, it is frustrating for me to be stuck in this limbo... a fellow BBer mentioned the word, plateau. For six weeks, my workout routines SUCKED! I barely did anything! And now for the past month, I have gotten my act together and have worked out regularly (okay last week wasn't so hot but the others were great). I feel like I am doing okay with the food intake and in fact, I have completely upped my water intake. So while it feels like I am doing things right or at least better, I don't have that proof that the scale is supposed to provide.

However, I got some serious advice, some gentle reminders and much needed butt kicking to remind me of my original motivations, the successes that I have had so far and the fact that I have not really begun to balloon back up despite my lackluster performance for 6 weeks. I am going to move my scale so it is not out in the open. Let's hope the "out of sight... out of mind" philosophy works! Then I need to make the commitment to keep on working out (don't let the tired excuses creep in)... I need to continue to do my logging, not necessarily so much on the mood part (although I will try to keep at it) but rather keep logging the food and beverage intake. I think this has helped me make some good decisions by blogging my logs so definitely need to keep at it. I need to keep at the water intake... that has led to some great and surprising results already. It can only be a good thing. And I need to remember why I started this in the first place... I didn't start off saying that I am only going to do this so I can lose 50, 80, 100 pounds... no, I wanted to be fit and healthier. I want to be around to watch my children grow up and to play with my grandchildren. I want to set a good example for my children that you don't have to accept being fat but that it will take work to stay fit and healthy. This is what I need to do... and when I forget any of this or let the frustrations side-track me, I know that there are a bunch of ladies and one very determined former SEAL who will be ready to kick my butt back into gear and remind me.

1 comment:

Lemon Stand said...

You are doing not only a great job for yourself but you are such an inspiration to the rest of us. Those plateaus suck but they DO eventually come to an end. Hang in there.