Quote of the Day

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Food/Mood Log - 12 FEB

Food:
2 pieces Supreme style pizza
Slice Marble Loaf (Starbucks but shared with dd)
Turkey Sandwich (WW toast, 1 tsp mayo, lettuce)
Bowl of Black Bean soup (tomato based)
3 milk chocolate Dove candies
Salad ( lettuce, carrots, 1 tsp cheese, sugar snap peas, seed mix, spray on red wine mist dressing)
100 Calorie pack of fudge striped cookies
Veggie Chips
4 bite size 3 muskateers

Grande Chai (w/skim)

Water - 90 ounces

Exercise:
1 HR walk


Mood... day continued on being a lousy day... need to take care of problems at home, I think, before things can improve... Today one of those will be semi-taken care of (for the time being anyway) and hopefully I can move on... Mail call in the afternoon was a help... to know that there are friends (some that I haven't even met physically yet) out there thinking about me... It's a good feeling. Evening was a bit iffy... but I tried to think positive and put my best face forward. Work... started off iffy... my mood didn't help...but things went rather smoothly... my boss actually listened to my idea...it worked and set me off flying... When I left this morning he asked me... "so what's up tonight... you were FLYING... I was so excited to see it." It was nice to be noticed for hard work... it usually isn't in that place. So I really can't see if the food affects the mood these last couple of days due to situations but I am hoping to continue this to see if Alden is correct on it... The man is smart and seems to know what he is talking about so I would tend to agree with him. Maybe I will ask him about it at next "REEEPORT!"

In one way I am proud of myself... there was a time, early in the afternoon, when I wanted to drowned myself in FOOD... something sinful and fattening and sugary sweet... I didn't care... I CRAVED it... but I knew that it was my emotional self trying to find a fix and I refused to cave... I did have the couple pieces of Dove but hey... it wasn't the bag! Which is really what I wanted... I seemed to know that my body/mind was trying to use food as a quick fix to feeling better.

4 comments:

Janet Webb said...

I'm so proud of you!! Look at you and your bad bad self (I'm channelling Em here) facing down the Dove temptress! My moods are ranging from lousy to tired to starving ... what I'm wondering is, if a good mood ever matched up with eating, what then? World watch out? :)

Your honesty blows me away!!!!

Lemon Stand said...

Hang in there! It DOES get better. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I don't think being cooped in and all this cold weather helps.

Congrats on a snack and not a bag.

Everyone needs a little chocolate sometimes.

S.

DTF said...

Thanks, ladies! Feeling better and S is absolutely right... everyone needs a little chocolate sometimes. In fact, I think it helped that I had more yesterday. ;) Yep, definitely feeling better!