Quote of the Day

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Faster than a Speeding Bullet

Okay, maybe that should have a MOOG (mind out of the gutter) tag on it... What I am referring to is The Magic Bullet (HA! That doesn't sound much better! MOOG!) A few weeks ago a wonderful friend sent me one of these handy little gadgets. So far it has been used almost every single day by each of my children. The kids who complained every morning about cold cereal, esp K1 and K2 who would often leave for school without eating any breakfast, are now having smoothies each and every day.

They all have yogurt (peach, strawberry or vanilla) add in a packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast powder (vanilla or chocolate), some fresh or frozen fruit (bananas, strawberries, peaches, raspberries, etc), some skim milk and 3 ice cubes and blend away! I actually feel fine sending them out the door with this in their stomachs. They are getting a little bit of everything and claim they are FULL after downing an entire glass. I no longer hear cries of pain at the thought of eating cold cereal only requests of "Mom, can you make me a smoothie?"

So a HUGE thank you to this friend for sending me one of these... it has now become the most used motorized gadget in my house.

4 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

Oh man, I have got to steal this idea! I always have a hard time getting the kids to sit still long enough for breakfast...

Anonymous said...

I'm not a smoothie fan. I think it's one of those repressed memories of when we were at my "aunt's" (Mom's 1st cousin) and her kids said "lets make milkshakes". I was about 8 or so at the time.

Milk and strawberries and it was horrid.... and I still remember it - lol :) Along with the spagetti sauce thickened with cornstarch... YUCK.

Unless it's a McD's shake... I can't even think about enjoying one.

It's a great idea though for the kids.

S.

SINFUL said...

Hey, I got one of those from a friend too, aren't we lucky people!!! Beware the white ring - the bullet can backfire!!!! I had "well beaten" eggs EVERYWHERE!

The smoothies sound delish, but right now I'm shuddering at farmwife having to eat that spaghetti sauce - ewwww! 1. never heard of having to thicken the stuff and 2. cornstarch? So sorry!!

DTF said...

Oh farmwife... that is just nasty... I have never heard of thickening spaghetti sauce. As for the smoothies the KIDS love them... notice I didn't say that I did... I never had yogurt until I was an adult and now can't stand the stuff. I started my kids on it when they were young so they actually love it. As for me, I blend my slimfast shakes in it, I like them better that way.

Thanks for the warning, Sinful. I will watch the white ring (???)...

And lemonstand, they are yummy and nutritious and can be eaten/drunk sitting down or wherever the kids are getting ready.... they are awesome!