Quote of the Day

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"You Smell... different."

This is what I heard this morning from K3 when she woke up... What does that mean?

"I smell?"

"Well, not bad... just different than your normal smell."

So I still smell...

"Well, I showered last night before bed. I used a new shampoo and conditioner, maybe that's it."

"Nope, that's not it." She says after smelling my hair.

"Hmmm... well, maybe it's dirty clothes... with the new washer not arriving until tomorrow (that's a whole 'nother story!), we are all wearing dirty clothes."

"What? I'm not... I pulled these out of the clean clothes pile."

"Well, that's what you think. But since I haven't been able to wash clothes for 4 days, I have been pulling clothes from the hamper and folding them nicely and putting them in the clean clothes pile so no one would know."

"WHAT?!?!?!? I can't smell when I go to school!"

"Calm down... I'm just joking!" My kids have so many clothes, they could probably go weeks without running out of stuff to wear. I really was kidding! "I just wanted to get you back for telling me I smell."

"Well, you do... not bad...just different."

Well, she did the sniff test all over again and couldn't decide what it was... we just left it with that I smell... different.

It wasn't til after she went to school that it dawned on me... I went to J and asked him (he knew the whole conversation) "Do you think she smelled... " ummmm... never mind... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes she did too...LOL