Quote of the Day

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Food/Mood Log - 09 FEB

Food Intake:
Bowl of Hot Coooked Wheat Cereal
Slice of Meat Loaf
1 Scoop Mashed Potatoes
Sm Bag Movie Theatre Popcorn
3 pieces Pizza (med crust, hamburger, cheese and banana peppers)
Cake shavings (probably enough to equal one piece)

12 oz Coke
Grande Chai Latte (w/skim)

72 oz Water (slightly flavored w/ lemon Propel powder)

Exercise:
BR Essen
Cardio (1 wt)

The day started good but COLD. So instead of turning up the heat, I decided to start the day with Cardio. It warmed me up and got me moving. A phone call from a friend and treating myself to the movies made for a nice rest of the day. Then when the kids came home had to go to Target for a present and other essentials and picked up pizza for dinner.

However, I had procrastinated making and decorating a cake for my nephew's birthday on Saturday and had to start it after dinner. When I was trying to bake the cake I noticed that there would not be enough eggs (12) for 4 cake mixes.... off to the grocery store I went. J was helpful when I returned offering to help... he made the 2 yellow cakes by hand while I made the two chocolate mixes with the mixer. But I lost it over something stupid and it kinda set the mood... it was nice of him to help and I should've just let him do it his way... don't know what I was thinking.

While the cakes were baking, K2 and I read together... we need to finish this book and it is frustrating because I want to know what happens but I promised I wouldn't read ahead. Don't know why... she already read the book so she knows what is happening next... she wants to see me discover everything as it happens. Gawd, I hate promises! But I am keeping it... LOL!

After the girls were in bed, I went back to decorating the cake. It didn't take that long but by the time I was done, I was exhausted. I went straight to bed (midnight), read a chapter and promptly fell asleep.

So looking back on the day, maybe there is some truth to Alden's comments about food affecting our mood. I had a great start to the day and I ate a fairly decent breakfast after exercising. However, my day went south that night and look what I ate for the rest of the day... mashed potatoes, popcorn, soda, pizza... But I also have to look at it this way... was it the food? Or was it situational? I knew I had to do the cake but chose to leave it for the last minute, which left me rushed and unprepared (not enough eggs). Plus, there has been a little problem around here weighing on me this past week and when it sufaces I tend to be all jittery and moody. So I will keep the food log going... it should be interesting to see how this all plays out. I still think that my moods are more based on the situational experiences but we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Laziness on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine" is the dh's new saying. I haven't figured out how to put it on the bottom of my blog.

Hardest part is just to let them do things their way even though things run better our way, isn't it :)

Hope today is better.

My eldest is throwing a hell of a hiss at the moment. He's on the stairs. Wanted chips and thought being refused such a snack warranted hitting, kicking, mouthing, head slamming etc.

He's not eating meals... I'm not feeding him junk. Dh and I are going to discuss a permanent removal of junk food or moving it elsewhere for "father only".

Grandma's here.. although we had the same "show" on Thurs without the audience.