Quote of the Day

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today was better...

With respect to the girls... at least bedtime was smoother. However, we were shopping at Target and I swear the two of them just have to nitpick at each other... K2 has to hang onto the cart that K3 is pushing... then will walk faster or slower. Then if K2 said anything to her sister, K3 would respond and respond and respond. My mantra became "Just let it go. Just let it go." Ahh well, I need to appreciate the good times more and not take them for granted.

Good news... the library called me. I had filled out an application back in November for a library technician job. I never even made it to interview stage... talk about depressing!! Anyway, today I got a call from the library... nothing new there as they call me just about every other day letting me know that I book I have on hold came in. However, this time as I was listening to the machine, the woman says "hi, this is Sue from the *** library..." And I am thinking, "Huh, that's new... they never introduce themselves when they call about a hold." The woman then goes on to say that they are currently interviewing this week and next for a job posting and they had my application on file... was I still interested. Well, yeah... I really don't want to start a full time job right before summer but if I am offered it I will have to think about making it work. The library pays pretty well... Well, better than what I get now, that's for sure! However, it sounds like they are interviewing lots of people for this job so I am not getting my hopes up... if it works out great... if not, that might not be such a bad thing. Anyway, I am interviewing on Friday morning and I hate interviews... I never feel like I interview well. We'll see...

I did well on the exercise front today... another 30 minute bike ride with the girls (that makes 4 bike rides in a row!), then I did BR legs and abs today (did BR abs and arms yesterday.) I also took my measurements AGAIN today... although I have no idea how I compare to January. I lost the paper I wrote them down on and I thought I entered them on the computer but if I did I can't find where... so today I start fresh with the measurements. Still it would've been nice to see how I did... then again... maybe not... considering how lackluster my exercise performance was this winter. :)

I finished The Raven Prince today... awesome book!!! It was so unlike what I grew to hate about historicals... this one actually deserved a scorching rating... it was HOT! My biggest problem reading too many historicals is how everyone is so prim and proper and there is not a lot of nautiness... yes, I know I LOVE P&P but I still don't want a steady diet of it. Give me something HOT and I usually found that historicals didn't cut it. Also, I love that this one, neither the hero nor the heroine is perfect. He has pox scars and she is plain. Gawd save me from the "perfect people". This was a great read! I may have to run to B&N tomorrow to find the next in the series... although from what I read it may not be quite as good but that's okay... just so it's not a dud.

I should go to bed... 5 a.m. comes way too soon... but before I go... my 3 good things:
1. Reading a GOOD book.
2. News about the job interview.
3. My boss telling me I did an awesome job last night (I did, and deserved her noticing.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin's fought. They are about 4 yrs apart and roomed together at home. They are now in their 30's... They are very different but again get along. We all have to learn to live with each other... that lesson doesn't happen in a day. Yes, they're going to argue.

We're about 100% certain my bro is a grown up version of my eldest but my eldest is social... he's not. This adds another layer.

I have to admit I cheer (quietly) when the little one gets a shot in at the big one when he deserves it :) I don't wish him bullied b/c he's different.

emily said...

i wish i could give you some "it gets better" advice, but i'd be guessing... i'm an only child and i don't have any kids of my own to base it on... i always figured i probably had a really idealized view of what having a sister would be like, because none of my friends liked theirs a whole lot... =o/ i guess all you can do is grin and bear it...

CONGRATS on the job interview... just be the you we all know and like so much, and you'll do great! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you - sometimes just getting through the interview is the biggest accomplishment... i hate them too, but i guess they're a necessary evil...

i just bought the raven prince earlier this week, so i'm happy to hear it was a good one - and steamy! =o)

R&R said...

Gosh, I would've commented sooner, but I was picking Sugah Pie's skin out from under Sweet Pea's nails, and then there was the chunk of Sweet Pea's hair stuck in Sugah Pie's clutches. *sigh* Foolishly I thought I was prepared for the teen years. Until I had two daughters of my own, I didn't know war could erupt within 20 seconds of a look. Hang in there. I won't lie to ya and say it'll get better before it gets worse - but I'm told it does get better.

Keep up the great exercise work. You're worth it!! : )

Potential library job - WOW! That's almost as good as getting a call from the Wonka factory, isn't it? Good luck on the interview. I'm sending good vibes your way (if need be, you could always duct tape the competition to the ladies room wall, right?) You'll do great and they'd be lucky to have you!!

Lemon Stand said...

The teenage arguments I can soooo relate. I took all four of our daughters out today for a "girls day out". We all got our hair done, went shopping, the whole shebang. Did they all get along reasonably well? Not a chance. After a day long excursion, I am hiding in my bedroom enjoying the peace and quiet!

Good luck on your interview!