Quote of the Day

Saturday, April 21, 2007

I love all my kids but today K3 gets special KUDOS!

Today it was a beautiful day! After my interview, I pulled out a pair of capris from last year to wear. Imagine my extreme delight at discovering that they were BIG!! Time for some new ones, so K3 and I headed off to Kohl's. As I was browsing the capris and picking some out to try on... K3 says to me...

"Mom, are you in the Misses department???? REally? You are wearing Misses? When's the last time you shopped over here? Was it like before K1 was born? Way to go... woo hoo! "

Now don't get me wrong... it was great to hear this support from my youngest child however, she wasn't exactly quiet about it and other people start turning around to see what the commotion is about.

But it felt good to have her notice and say something... Gawd, I love my kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't K3 your most strident drill sergeant in the early days of revving? Kudos to you both! (Not just down a size, but down a department - WOW!)

Chryssa

DTF said...

Yes, she was... and still, kinda sorta is... but everyday now, she has a nice comment for me. "Wow... that shirt is big on you." Or my personal favorite... "Hmmm... your butt doesn't look so big anymore!" :) Gee thanks... I think that was a compliment.