Quote of the Day

Monday, April 23, 2007

I had to do it...

On the BB, our resident fitness guru... our Admiral of the Fleet has been MIA and no one... I mean, NO ONE! has posted at all these last two weeks. I don't know about everyone else but I love the support and encouragement that is offered on the BB. I am sure that it is how I was so successful in the early days of my new fitness self. So I decided to take the plunge and post a Gator Patrol report. I hope the others out there report in and I sincerely hope Alden isn't offended that I reported him as MIA. I am sure the man is extremely busy.

So here's my report request...


Gator Patrol Report in... I miss Alden but we can still do this while he is MIA...

Posted by Carrie on 4/23/2007, 20:47:53

Hey, all! I miss us all getting together to talk about our struggles and successes. I hope no one has given up while Alden is MIA. We can do this! We are still a team and have always provided support and encouragement to each other while under Alden's fantastic leadership. So how is everyone doing???

I finally have my ship headed in the right direction!!! All I see is blue water ahead and I am so excited!!!! I have changed my focus and not letting it be about weight... which is good considering that I have added 2 lbs in the last two weeks... but I have been working out harder than I have in a long time and I can feel muscles forming once again, so I am not worried!

I am revving, biking, walking and doing strength training exercises. I have joined SparkPeople and am using it to help log my daily food intake and my daily exercise. It is fun to watch how many calories go in and how many calories are burned up. The part I am struggling with most is my water intake. I am aiming for 80 ounces and making it about 4 days... its those other 3 that I am really missing on it. But I am trying to find different solutions to help me acheive that goal and things seem to be improving!

ALDEN... if you are out there (or anyone else who might know)... I should know this but do any of the BR exercises qualify as cardio (except for cardio, of course). It seems to me that you mention in the dvd that legs is a cardio workout. Also, have you ever determined how many calories are burned using the BodyRev? Curious minds want to know...

Okay here's last week...

Bking - 5 miles... 6X
Walking - 40 minutes... 3X
BR - legs 3X
BR - abs 3X
BR - arms 3X

Plus a routine of 10 strength exercises (2 sets, 12 reps each) on S, T, Th.

Goal for next week... BR Cardio (I have been avoiding it for too long! Face thy fears, Carrie!)

Hope everyone else is having a good week!!!

2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Mercy buckets!! LOL, I've been in Canada and that equals Merci beaucoup :) I'll post later to the Gator Patrol ... great idea Carrie.

DTF said...

Every once in awhile, Janet, I have them. I just hope no one thought I was stepping on toes (Alden's or anyone else's). But I began to realize that I missed doing the updates on the BB.