Quote of the Day

Thursday, April 5, 2007

BAck in the Fitness Mode again!!!

So who gets sick and on the recovery side decides... now is a good time to start working out, eating right and logging it(!!!), drinking that water again... well, apparently I do. Not sure what happened...maybe what I had was a virus that affected my brain. So what happened? A combination of things actually...

After not having eaten for 4 hours, I knew... I KNEW... I shouldn't do it... but I did anyway... I stepped on the scale. Now I really hit a plateau in February which thru me into some sort of downward spiral (hmmm, not very nautical... don't think Alden would like that analogy but oh well!) For most of March, I found that I could just not work out... couldn't work up the energy and more importantly the motivation to do it. Then towards mid-late March, Janet, gave me some good tips to try... go back slow... do something I liked. I took her advice and started up Abs again only this time I switched to Essential Abs plus, I got back into walking.

That's been working okay...but I knew it wasn't enough to give me any results. My little "spiral" cost me 10 lbs! With what I was now doing, I worked my way down 3 lbs. However, now after having been sick, when I stepped on the scale I found that I was now back to my lowest "loss" point. I knew I had to take advantage of this.

Then while I was sick, Janet also encouraged me to try posting under Alden's RevReport. I was not spending much time on the computer but I did go over and post what I did for last week. I also posted about how sick I was... thus giving me the perfect excuse for having a sucky report next week. It wasn't til Wednesday night that I went back to read some of the posts that I noticed one by Mary Jo and she mentioned a website that she uses... www.sparkpeople.com. I checked it out and decided to give it a try.

So today was my first day of it... normally, I would've used the excuse of still being too weak to exercise but I wouldn't let myself do it this time. It was only 35 degrees here but the skies were a pretty blue and the sun was shining so I went off for a walk joined by K2. My lungs were burning and I wasn't walking as hard as I normally do but I went 45 minutes. I also logged everything I ate today... which is the cool thing at the site because it lets you choose type, style, portion, etc... then gives you calories, and the rest of the nutritional breakdown. I did good today but my appetite is, of course, not back to normal. It will be interesting to see how I do when it is.

So I had a great day today! I am starting to feel better... I got a some exercise in... I ate good and logged it!! And I even sneaked in a Chai from Starbucks and found it didn't push me over my caloric limit... not bad!

***

Here is my logging from April 5...








2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Carrie, you see -- virtue is its own reward!!! Look at you and your bad bad thin self :) And wow, thanks to Mary Jo for sharing such a cool tracking tool.

Golly gee whiz if you can pull off a day like today after the week you've had ... I may have to step up to the plate ... you know what, don't tell Alden but baseball has the BEST metaphors ... heehee

Lemon Stand said...

Hooray! I'm glad I'm not the only one to do this. As soon as I can breathe without hacking up a lung, I'll be right there with you! Thanks for the inspiration. :o)