Quote of the Day

Monday, April 16, 2007

Arrrghhhh....

Someone...please anyone!!! Please tell me that someday my girls will be friends and actually like each other. They have days...well, maybe not days but definitely periods of time when they actually get along and can play well together. But then there are times like right now... K2 is down in the basement pissed off angry because her sister always gets things her way...

They were playing outside together after school very nicely... they had their bikes out and were zipping around the driveway. In the past we didn't always remember to close the garage door and there were times that I would come home from work at 5 a.m. and see it sitting wide open. Well, now that I have a nice bike in there, I have stressed the importance of closing the door when we are done with it. We live in a nice area but still... crime happens everywhere these days. So while I am doing BR arms, it dawns on me to ask the girls if they closed the garage door when they came in. OMIGAWD! It was as if I had accused someone of some atrocious act! Right away, K2 says that she wanted to but K3 wouldn't let her. K3, of course, has to deny this. Meanwhile, I am trying to finish arms...trying to relax before going into work (which if I don't wrap this up soon, I will be late!)... and listening to the two of them bicker about why the door didn't get closed. I finally lost it and told them to go check and see if it was closed. J gets involved at this point and tells the two of them to go outside, "Yes, in your pajamas."... to check the door. It doesn't matter who was last in... they both are supposed to go and check. Well, K2 is outraged at the injustice of it all... she didn't do anything... it was all her sister's fault... K3 is ruining her life!

She is now back upstairs in her room, telling her sister that she hates her because she ruins her life...

Do you think there is hope for these two? Will they ever be friends and appreciate what they have in each other? I am 11 years younger than my sister. By the time, I was old enough to appreciate having a sister, she was moved out and gone. I never felt close to my sister mainly because of the age difference. I would've loved to have a sister to confide in.. to teach me things. But I didn't... I look at these two and think how lucky they are and they don't even know it.

Ugh... I just want them to like each other... is there hope?

Okay... strange to do it here... and it is rather difficult tonight but here are my 3 Good things... I think I need to remind myself of them now more than ever...
1. A nice big hug from J
2. Fairly easy night at work last night
3. Lily, the guinea pig, greeting me when I sit at the computer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bro is turning 35 in a few days, he's 23mths younger... he still drives me batty.

Dh and his bro aren't friends but they get along. ie. even though we live just down the road we don't socialize regularly and his Uncle (6yrs his senior) was his bestman. They don't dislike each other, they are just very different.

Don't force it. Right now, it's normal growing pains :)

S.

DTF said...

Thanks, farmwife. But don't sisters usually have a connection.. at least when they are closer in age? J's two sisters are the best of friends now... although J says they weren't like that growing up. Will have to wait and see, I guess.

Anonymous said...

If I had a dollar for everytime my sister said she hated me or I ruined her life...I'd be rich...

I guess I never took it to heart at the time...because I either didn't believe her...didn't care at the time...or whatever.

Yes, I you see, we've gotten quite past it...though it took til the college years probably...

They'll be FINE!!! :)

your d-SIL

DTF said...

Hey, hon, nice to see you!!!! I didn't realize you were around... And you and your sister always seemed to get along fairly welll and I have known you for 20 years!!!! Maybe you two were just on your best behavior when I was around in the early days...