Quote of the Day

Friday, April 13, 2007

I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.
- JD Salinger

What do you think??? True? For me, yes in so many ways... I am surrounded by family (husband and kids) and dear, dear internet friends who seem to support me in so many ways, especially when it comes to my support system on this fitness road I seem to have found my way to. J and the kids are so extremely supportive yet without being "mean" about it... "are you sure you should be eating that?" And friends from the BB who are there constantly with words of encouragement, especially when I was in my fitness depression and couldn't seem to find my way out. Or if I have had a great week, they are there with cheers for a job well done.

But the funny thing is... I don't find this everywhere. Why is it when some people start to lose weight others have to find ways to bring them down? Remember when Oprah lost a ton of weight... her popularity actually went down. Why is that? I ran into a similiar situation from other family members last Christmas. I only had one sister-in-law who actually asked if I had lost weight. And then after that another sister-in-law snidely asked "Just how was I losing the weight?" No mentions of "gee, you look good." Or "way to go" or "good job". And my mom... my mom who spent my entire teen years trying to get me to lose weight... from bribing me with new wardrobes to commenting that I needed skinny friends... never said one word... not one. Now you have to understand that my mom has battled weight issues her entire life and she is a person who can never be happy for someone who has something or has acheived something that she herself desires. But its sad really... This is my family... people who are supposed to be supportive and yet I get more support from friends I met thru the internet... and some of them are people that I haven't even met physically yet. Something is wrong with that picture!

However, the people who mean the most to me in the world... J and the kids are by far the most supportive. Sometimes reminding me to exercise or joining me on walks.... And J has never made cracks about my weight or made me feel bad about it. He has always accepted me for who I am... not that he wouldn't want to see me weigh less... but then it is more of a health issue for him and not an appearance one.

So I am truly blessed... to have the support system that I do. And yes, I really do believe that they are very pleased to see me happy and doing so well.

Thank you all!

No comments: