Quote of the Day

Friday, April 6, 2007

So Many Thank You's to Send Out...

This is a post that I meant to do last Friday... Thursday was one of the best mail days that I ever had! That day in the mail, I recieved 2 manilla envelopes, 1 priority mail envelope and a small box... and not one bill in the bunch!! In the two manilla envelopes were books, one an old Suzanne Brockman, Kiss and Tell, I bought on-line and from Janet, I received another great JD Robb. She knows that I love this series and am far behind in it... I seriously think the woman is doing all that she can to see that I get to read the entire series. :) The box came all the way from merry old England from a wonderful lady that I am exchanging books with... I find some old American ones on her wish list... and she sends me some for K2 (who apparently has a great fondness for British authors). The box from Annie contained the Doomspell trilogy in one bound book, the World Book Day, Vampirates, and another she sent as an extra, The Code of Romulus. This exchange has been such a gift!! K2 gets copies of books that aren't published here in the States (as is the case with the 2nd and 3rd books of the Doomspell Trilogy) or aren't scheduled to be published here for months yet. Also... her friends think it's pretty cool that she has this connection to getting these books from England. How fun for her!

Then there was the last envelope. A week earlier, I had an email from Andrea asking me for my address, she had something to send me. I gladly gave it to her thinking that it was a Lisa Kleypas book... she is a big fan and I just discovered her. Well, the envelope definitely had a book in it but not exactly what I was thinking... this is what I found...






Andrea is a fellow scrapper and had made journals. She knew that I am a scrapper and decided to send one to me. While it is true that I am a scrapper, I haven't strayed far from the traditional scrapbooking path...meaning pages for scrapbooks. I had yet to try creating a journal so I was so ecstatic to receive this one! It is so beautiful and so extremely well done (J's comment... she EVEN covered the pen?!?!) I had been wanting to do this with my Brownies and was actually going to do it last week but in the end chickened out... now Andrea has inspired me to actually give it a try with the girls.

****

So my good fortune had me out shopping on Friday... trying to decide how to send the Easter spirit... I picked up partial trinkets for friends (but haven't been able to complete due to being sick) and decided to do something for the little kids that I know in my life... nieces, nephews, kids of friends.... but alas, they are all here bundled up just waiting to be mailed! And I promise!!! it wasn't my post office phobia that held me back this time!!! I was honestly and truly sick... so off they go in tomorrow's mail... at least the kids presents... not in time for Easter but I hope they truly don't mind.

****

Then my good fortune continued this week. I received cards from Cindy (220/221/whatever), Emily (sorry Em, my chocolate bar came smooshed and opened... it had to be tossed... :( ... a card, pez candy and GOAT!! from Mary (love ya, Mare... I know you believe me!), and from Brenda, a cool camo basket filled with goodies! (Not sure how you think we spend our Easter if we need Camo baskets...but leave it to you to have us prepared for any event that we need to be camoflaged! Now that the snow is gone... wear white and lay down no longer works, right?)

***

So thanks again one and all... love ya!!!

3 comments:

Janet Webb said...

A "goat"? Didn't Julia Roberts in Notting Hill have a gorgeous picture of a dancing goat? Would love to see a pic!

Andrea is a goddess -- what a stunning notebook! And you give me WAY too much credit for JD Robb -- I now have two copies of Glory in Death ... why, I'm not even sure :) ... but I know what it's like to be hooked on a series.

emily said...

i'm glad it got there carrie, but i'm sorry it showed up smooshed... darn thing! i wondered if that would happen, but i was hoping not... dontcha love it when mail isn't bills? =o)

janet is the queen of the book fairies - i think she must have a huge collection!! and she very generously shares them all too...

Anonymous said...

Glad you love it DTF!

Let me know how the girls enjoy making their own notebooks!

Next year my DH joins the scouts! I can't wait :)