Quote of the Day

Monday, April 23, 2007

Haven't really posted much lately...

Between work and enjoying the beautiful weather that decided to grace us, I have not been on the computer much. Things are good. The girls have not killed each other. K1 has decided to take up running. So far he is running 1 mile each night. I give part credit to the fact that he has to run the Mile in PE this week and I believe that I will take some credit for that as well. It is interesting to see the kids pick up on my new habits, whether it is reading nutrition labels or exercising.

I am off to work tonight. I still haven't turned in my two week notice. I need to talk to S. first about the job. I won't hear from the library til next week the earliest. Decisions need to be made. Just the thought that I won't be working there much longer makes going in so much easier!

The new bike is working out great! I really love it! It's not like I have to make myself go for a ride... I really enjoy doing it. And last week I bought a new "computer" odometer/tripometer/etc... for it. So now I can see exactly how fast I am pedaling... how far I am riding... and calories burned. So far I am keeping it to 5 miles which I do in about 25 minutes and then do a 5 minute cool down ride... very easy, gentle pedaling around our driveway or a parking lot. I would really like to increase the mileage but I need to pace myself - no burnout.

I have been watching the scale lately but more for curiosity sake.... AND I have gained 2 lbs!! I am LOL at that because normally I would be discouraged and upset. BUT I have been exercising so much...both CARDIO and strength training exercises that I can feel the muscles developing. My stomach is slowly flattening and clothes from last summer are TOO big! So no worries! I will just keep doing what I have been doing and eventually the scale will start to go in the direction that I want it to.

Off to the hellhole... ooops, I mean work. :) I need to find some time to post more and to do my good things posts. I miss them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie - Kara from the BB here...

I think I found your blog through a link on Erika's blog. Not sure. Anywho...

I'm glad you posted the request for a Sitrep on the BB. I've hesitated in posting responses to questions, requests for means of motivation, etc., because I'm not a REVer. I'll think twice about that in the future.

Also, congrats on the success you've had so far. I think you should throw away your scale. Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less room. So if your having to buy smaller clothes, that sounds like progress to me. Great news!

Kara

Janet Webb said...

How coincidental that you said you'd gained 2 pounds -- I've been away for a few days and in the course of conversation, my friend's bf said when he was a slug-a-bug at Christmas, he always LOST weight -- but working out, for him, equals muscle and muscle weighs more than fat! I bet you look great!!

DTF said...

Kara... thanks for stopping by. It's not usually interesting reading here...just my thoughts and what's going on. Every now and then something good gets posted.

And I hope you post to the report requests... the main idea is to become fit and healthy. It doesn't matter if you are revving or not. We want to hear about it. And heck, with the other stuff that I have added... BR has moved farther down the list. During the winter it is my lifeline but now with warmer temps I have more options... so don't be worried if you are not a REVVer... that's not what it's about.


Janet... I don't know about looking great...but I do feel great! A whole new energy about me!!