Quote of the Day

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am having an AWESOME week!!!

What's the phrase... "when it rains, it pours"??? Although that tends to remind me of bad things... and this week has not been that (well, except for my frustrations with the girls!) But get this... I already told ya'll (I hope I spelt that right, Miz Ginga) how on Tuesday quite out of the blue I get a phone call from the library regarding an application I turned in about 6 months ago. It was quite a surprise! So I am still flying high from that phone call when on Wednesday morning I get a call from a lady I met in February regarding a job as an office assistant. She wants to meet with me as soon as possible to see if we suit each other's needs.

So I went from being completely miserable at my current job... trying to decide if I should make the move to dayside there and now I have two possible other prospects! Well, I met with this woman today... she took me to lunch... get this at the restaurant that is directly below my husband's office... her office is 1/2 mile from his. Anyway, we discussed what I do at my current job... am I happy there...what do I like/dislike... then we talk about what she is looking for. Basically, she already has 1 assistant but is in desperate need of a second one part-time to start. The hours are 10-2, M-F (just 2-4 hours less than my current job) and very flexible. She said I should have no problem getting off for kids events at school, etc. She understands all too well the joys of having been a stay at home mom. I also mentioned a possible 2 week vacation in August and she said that would not be a problem. And as I said, it's only 1/2 mile from J's office. The only down-side (and it's not that big of a down-side is that the pay is the nearly the same as what I make now... a few cents less, in fact). But she did mention that they hope this position will eventually evolve into a full-time postition with more responsibilities.

I was straight forward with her and told her about the library interview. She said I definitely need to go thru with that... play out all my options. But if I want the job, it sounds like it is mine and all I need to do is let her know by mid-week. I love the great benefits... more time to spend with the kids (I hate the thought of being gone from them for 8 hours a day during the summer) and the flexibility. But the thought of working in a library with all those BOOKS!! and I have to admit that the pay at the library is great! Now I haven't even interviewed with the library yet... that's tomorrow a.m. (thank you all for your words of encouragement and luck!). I just don't know how long they will make me wait to hear yay or nay. I have to be honest with ya'll... if I didn't have the library job sitting on the interview table right now, I would've walked into T tonight and gladly handed in my two week notice!

I will post tomorrow on my thoughts about the interview... maybe I will really blow it and I will know right away that I don't have a hope in hell of getting it! :)

My 3 Good Things:
1. A great job offer!
2. A great workout of strength exercises
3. My turkey/cheese/chipotle sandwich at B&N cafe!

No comments: