Quote of the Day

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Commitment...

There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There's no such thing as life in-between.
- Pat Riley, basketball coach


So when it comes to getting more fit... am I in or out? I thought I was in... I really did. Even when I got sidetracked and lost my focus, I still thought I was in but looking back I know that I wasn't. At the time I really believed that I wanted to be in the game but just couldn't find the motivation, but then how could I really be in the game then? I think deep down, I just got tired... I was upset that I wasn't seeing results... although I know I wasn't putting my all into it. How could I expect to see results?

Right now, I feel like I am more in the game than ever before. I am not going gang busters on the BR... But I now have a plan in mind... M, W, F are my BR days... these are the days that I need to do 3 - 15 min workouts. On Sun, Tues, Thurs, I need to do some sort of strength exercises and try to fit in some cardio workout, like walking, biking or BR cardio, plus these are the days to add an extra abs if I feel like it. Before I was trying to BR 5X/week. And while some weeks I did it, others I fell short... and when that happened then I was down on myself and felt like a failure. I think this plan will work out much better for me. I love doing my BR but I started to get bored with it. I think by doing this plan I should be able to avoid the boredome since I have a little more choice in what I do plus, it allows me Saturdays off. But so far I have put a bike ride or a walk on those days anyway.

So it's only been two weeks but I feel great! I am back to logging my food intake... becoming more aware of calorie count (my SP plan says I should be eating between 1400-1800 calories/day... for the most part it has been pretty close to the 1400 mark). I am getting some sort of exercise every day. I am reading nutrition articles to make myself more aware and more informed. This time I think that I am really committed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie, Great blog!! I just found you and I wanted to let you know that I'm impressed (not that you really care :) with your writing and how you seem to be able to put into words all the things that I am also feeling. BORED, BORED and BORED. I've been chalking it up to this long winter and doing the same thing day in and day out. Anyways, I just wanted to say Keep it going and I'm glad you've found something that works for you, because that's what's most important - YOU!!

Lora :)

Janet Webb said...

As always Carrie, you keep knocking them out of the park! I joined SP (altho I haven't done anything yet ... too busy!) but I named you as my contact -- I love your new, more flexible schedule.

For me, keeping been there, done that away when I Rev, comes from a combo of music + attitude -- if I can see past the activity to how I'll feel on the other side -- that helps a LOT!

As do your posts :)

DTF said...

Ahhh, Lora... but I am impressed. Your opinion does mean a lot to me... not that I would stop blogging if you told me it sucked. :) It's kind of my therapy... lawd knows I need it!

And thanks again janet... yep, I definitely need MUSIC playing while revving. Tonight J and K1 came into the living room while I was revving and started talking... I paused looked at them and told them they would have to leave... I couldn't hear the music because of their talking! :)