Quote of the Day

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!

Normally our holidays are spent with one of the in-law families. However, this year J's parents had to work so we didn't get together with them and my family wasn't doing anything together (well, at least not that I had heard anyway). We were able to spend a nice quiet holiday at home for a change.

I wasn't sure what time the kids would wake us up however I did hear the girls during the 7 o'clock hour. Finally at 8:00 a.m. nature's call had to be answered and downstairs I went. There I was accosted by K3 who told me, "GO BACK TO BED! We are having fun!" As I looked around... the baskets were still sitting on chairs where (I assume) the Easter Bunny had still left them, untouched. I asked K3, "What are you doing?" Her reply, "I don't know, but it's fun." I didn't need to be told twice... back to bed I went.

By 9:00 we were all awake, the kids were digging into their baskets (not much candy this year and a video game each)... and getting ready to find the eggs that they colored the night before. I basically slept on the couch through the whole event (still battling this cold). Breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs after they were found.

The rest of the day has been spent completely at leisure. I got a nap in and some reading. The kids played video games and K3 did some drawing. J has been in the basement sorting thru some boxes. All in all a quiet and completely relaxing holiday.

Right now the ham and scalloped potatoes are on the table just waiting for the bread to finish baking and then we will eat dinner. The only down side the day... our dishwasher decided to break on us today. The kids discovered the joy of having to wash ALL the dishes... *snickers*

I hope everyone else had a great day and that you were able to spend it as you liked.

HAPPY EASTER!!!


1 comment: