Quote of the Day

Saturday, January 27, 2007

I Pee'd My Name in the Snow

NO! Not me... this was declared by my 13 yo son this morning after he returned home from Polar Camp with the boy scouts! Wonderful ... He tried explaining that this was a momentous occasion in a "man's life". Ummm... no, K1, probably not a man's life but a teen boy's life, yes. Well, this is good... he turns 14 next month and how horrible would it have been if he hadn't yet made this rite of passage. I hate to see what else is on his list of milestones to cross. I grew up with 5 brothers, you'd think I 'd have a clue.

2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

I'm trying to remember some thngs I did with my two boys when they were 14 -- it's such a great age: they'll still talk to you and they can't drive yet :)

Beach vacations for our family were/are times of really talking ... Cape Cod can't come soon enough for us!! That and long car trips when just you and your son are still awake. Great story!!

CrankyOtter said...

Uhhhh upcoming moments?... my brother played a game with his buddies. (While in *college* mind, of an age to know better) They'd all drink a lot at a party, then on the walk home would let it hang out and see who could leave the longest trail on the sidewalk. I'm still not sure why he told me about it.

Got the link from farmwifetwo about rites of passage and couldn't help sticking my two cents in. Do have to say that I tried writing my name in the snow at that age. Doesn't work so well for girls, it turns out.