Quote of the Day

Monday, September 17, 2007

How Far Would You go to Acheive Your Dream?

This one is for K2 who posted this on her Yahoo 360 page...




K2 desperately wanted me to watch this video on YouTube. She said it is bittersweet. I have to admit... I watched it the first time and didn't get it... maybe I was just tired (yeah, right). A 12 year old took pity on her old mom and explained it to me... Kiwi wants to fly but can't. So he nails trees to the side of the cliff and when he feels like he has enough, he jumps off the cliff and freefalls. What's with the trees? According to K2, they are there so it feels like he is really flying thru the trees. But eventually he will go SPLAT, right? Yes, but first he will have flown. You're happy for him but at the same time you're sad because he dies.

A little extreme? Maybe but what she got out of it... is that if you don't try, you won't acheive.

So how far are you willing to go?

No comments: