Quote of the Day

Friday, September 28, 2007

Exercise is Fun...

Exercise is my friend.

This is my new mantra... and it's worked for two days. Yesterday and today, this is the attitude that I have tried to wake up with. Normally, I would stay in my pj's for a bit, hit the computer and be around for whatever cries of help came from the kids as they got ready for school. Yesterday, I started to make some changes.

First thing I did when I woke up was get dressed... off came the pj's and on went the exercise clothes. I tried to figure out at which points I would have enough time to get some exercise in with the least amount of interruptions and then planned my exercises accordingly. BodyRev abs at only 15 min is easy to fit in first... this is when K2 has showered and is getting ready and K1 has just woken up (Beware of Grizzly signs should be posted in my house during this time.) By picking the right time, I can work out and still be done with enough time to help K2 with any last minute aid. Then right after K2 leaves the house, I wake K3 up, grab my mp3 player and hit the basement stairs. Yesterday I told myself just do 15 minutes but once I had the music going, I couldn't help but keep on going. I made it 30 minutes before K1 was asking for help because he had only 5 minutes left before he had to catch the bus.

I still need to work on adding more Revving to the mix. My intentions were to do some at night but that didn't work last night. My kids used to have an 8:00 bedtime (at least, be in bed at 8:00 and they could read for awhile). Now however, no one is in bed before 9:00 mostly because of homework and practicing their instruments. Two nights this week we spent at the library. K2 had a paper due and finds that she gets so much more done using the study rooms at the library. No TV interuptions... no sibling interruptions. And to be quite honest I am pooped by that time of night. Since my alarm goes off at 5:30, I have been trying to be in bed by 10:30 so I can read for a bit. Lights out by 11:30 and time for 6 hours of sleep.

So I need to figure out how to fit more time in... maybe I will try for after work. I am home by 3:30 and should easily be able to fit 15 or 30 minutes in then. Maybe I should... No. What I need to do is sit down and write out a schedule and then just stick to it. Right now I am still being too wishy-washy with what I want to do and when I am going to do it.

But as for Alden's words...

make sure you remember and appreciate how you feel after completing a REV workout whether it be ABS, Legs, Arms or Cardio

This has been so true. I have always LOVED abs... even when I am straining to keep my legs up in the air and pull my hips off the floor while counting one alligator, two alligator... I am loving the feeling of calm and relaxation that completely overtakes my body. I sometimes even find myself yawning... not from boredom but relaxation.

And yesterday when I was walking up to the house after work, my calves were tight... not cramping or in pain but just nice and tight... as if to say, "Hello? Remember us? We are finally waking up again." At that point, I just needed to "put a smile on my face."

So here's to two days of changing my attitude... to waking up my brain and body... to remembering the good stuff.

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

Loved your blog, as always and did Arms before work because of reading it: I need to do what Alden suggested ... roll out of bed, grab my exercise clothes and do some Rev'ing before the lure of the silent computer draws me into its lair :)