Quote of the Day

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Alden's Words of Inspiration...



Earlier this week, Janet started a Gator Patrol thread on the BB. It actually got a lot of responses. I guess there were more than just a few of us who missed them. In the past, Alden usually tried to post at the top of the thread after everyone had posted only this time THE MAN posted to quite a few individually. What a guy!

He is always right on the money with the right amount of praise, encouragement, advice and butt-kicking. And his one-liners aren't bad either... maybe not up to par with his swim buddy T but close. :)

For me this week, his advice was perfect...

CARRIE - love your honestly and your motivation! You know the drill now - it's all about routine and ENJOYING the routine - so as you start to get back into the REV swing of things, make sure you remember and appreciate how you feel after completing a REV workout whether it be ABS, Legs, Arms or Cardio...by remembering the positive you'll create an anchor that will only help you turn your single workout into a daily FIRED UP routine that you'll never want to miss...remember anyone, anytime can form a new habit - it just takes a little time and a whole lot of persistence.

Also - the one of the best things you mentioned is that you and your hubby are enjoying exercise TOGETHER - HOOYAH!

CHARLIE MIKE - ALDEN

And he was exactly right, too. It used to be FUN! I got such a high from exercising. I remember doing the stairs for my cardio and I would tell myself that I would start cooling down... only another great song would come on and I would have to do just one more. And revving... doing two or three (abs, arms, legs) was like nothing... the time passed so fast. And when DVD Alden would say, "Put a smile on your face" I couldn't help grinning like a damned Cheshire cat.

I need to get back to that point again. Right now it is still like work... where I have to PUSH myself to do it. And we all know that work is never any fun... time to change my attitude and start fresh.

6 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Honestly LOL I could not have loved your post more: refinding the joy ~ what a great attitude! I bet those wonderful daughters of you could help you rediscover it :)

So glad to be back in gear with everyone ... it's a great feeling!

Up My Mind said...

Well said Carrie! "Time to change my attitude and start fresh" indeed!

I like that. Did cardio & abs last night. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, since I committed to arms, legs and cardio 1x this week, and abs 3x......I am going home tonight to do a suite (that's what I call all four)....will have to ab two more times.....today at work, we had a pot luck....I am in such a sugar coma right now I could nap under my desk.

But....I WILL DO IT>>>>>>>thanks for kicking me in the butt, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Ok...it's 5:30pm and I have finished arms, legs, abs and cardio.....I am whipped, stripped and tattooed......and sweating like mad.

But, I feel good and am glad I did it. I talked to my swim buddy and she did hers yesterday, so I have to do abs 2x more this week. Tomorrow is kickboxing and it's ab day, so, I should be rock hard (lol) and able to bounce coins off me. What I feel super great about is that I was finally able to keep up with the reving (I get so confused).....ok dinner is a salad.

Thanks for keeping this on my mind...I appreciate the help!!!!!

Oh, and I made a bet with my son who lives in Texas. He's coming home for CHristmas and I challenged him to a weight loss bet. We are going to put in $2 a week, whoever loses the most percentage of body weight will win the pot.....he's pretty excited (he thinks he'll win...not)so I have to take him down!!!

DTF said...

Thanks, ladies! I sincerely believe we can do this together.

And Trudy... whatcha going to buy with your winnings??? You know we won't let you lose that bet, right? :)

olona mangie nkamba said...

Thanks to the person who posted these words