Quote of the Day

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ostrich Be Gone...

Okay, after reading the BB today I got a little "fired up" and became a little embarrassed if truth be told.... Either a little "birdie" is feeding info to the Fleet's Admiral or he has actually dropped in and taken a gander at my little blog. If that was the case, my last post is so "woe is me" that I came back and was going to delete it. But before I could hit that little button that would've sent that post into the black hole of the cyber world, I changed my mind. I think I need that little reminder for the next time I want to be an ostrich. So it's staying... It doesn't mean that I won't do it again... Hey, I've been this way for nearly 40 years and I can't change overnight.

BUT what I can change is my attitude about it.... it's kind of like the weight issue. In the last couple of years, when I started to step on the scale and was shocked at HOW much it said I weighed... I had to have a talk with myself. I wasn't doing anything to change that number even after my shock wore off and I became accustomed to seeing the amount. So I decided that if I wasn't actually going to do any work to change it then I had no right to sit and complain about clothes that didn't fit or pictures that I hated of myself (they are ALL in the photo albums... good and bad). So as for my attitude about pulling an ostrich... same story... I am NOT allowed to whine and cry about the consequences that arise from it. I need to figure out a way to solve the problem and deal with it. Easier said than done... but I will try.

So that post stays.. embarrassment or not.

No comments: