Quote of the Day

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Conversations with a Child (Part 1)

When you find yourself with some free time and no interruptions, sit and talk with a child... you never know what you will get. Sometimes profound... sometimes funny... sometimes inspiring... alot of times surprising.

On Friday, after seeing Shrek the Third, the kids and I went to Olive Garden for dinner (definitely NOT on my approved food list!). While waiting for our name to be called, we talked about lots of things...mostly school stuff. But when K1 said something his sister didn't like, K3 pipes up with...

Boys go to Jupiter... to get more stupider.
Girls go to college... to get more knowledge.

Everyone laughed... only because none of us had heard it for quite awhile. K1 and K2 had had their time reciting it (of course, the genders were changed to reflect which ever sex was saying it). So I piped in with how it was said way back in my day...

Boys go to Jupiter... to get more stupider.
Girls go to Mars... to eat candy bars.

K3 laughed and looked at me like I was crazy... eat candy bars??? Yeah, maybe that's why I was overweight most of my life. So then we proceeded to try other planet names and see what rhymes we could come up with... until I made the mistake of saying the next one...

Boys go to Jupiter... to get more stupider.
Girls go to Mars... to eat candy bars.
K3 goes to Venus...

to which she replied...

To get more pe*is.

The best thing (after I got over my initial shock) was seeing the look on her brother and sister's faces. Their mouths fell down to their knees. They couldn't believe what they had just heard their baby sister say. As for K3, she at first was confused why they were looking at her like that until all of a sudden it dawned on her what she had just said. "I was just trying to make a rhyme. I didn't mean anything by it." As for me, I was trying to hold back hysterical laughter.

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

What does a gal have to do to get part Deux? I so enjoy reading your blog ... but I bet spring is bringing a ton of new choices for your LIMITED free time :)

Just so you know ... audience is there when you're ready :D