Quote of the Day

Thursday, May 17, 2007

SparkPeople and BodyRev

There are a lot of factors which have helped me on this road to being fit and healthy. Support I would have to say is #1. The support I have received from my family and friends on the BB has been HUGE. It is so much easier to do something when you have people cheering you on whether they are in the same race or on the sidelines. The second thing I would have to credit is myself and being in the right frame of mind at the right time. Things just finally clicked for me this time whether it was my age, a new maturity level, or whatever... it just made sense for me to do it and to follow thru this time.

However, there are two products which have also helped. One that started it all for me and one that is newer. The first, of course, is the BodyRev. Even when it sat on my floor still in the box, it taunted me... challenged me. When I finally worked up the courage to pick it up, I was amazed. It wasn't difficult... challenging, yes... difficult, no. It was convenient. It was perfect to get me moving. Now I haven't always been faithful to my BodyRev and have suffered thru slumps but the BodyRev was always there waiting for me to get my act together. The only I may have suffered with the BodyRev was mild boredom from doing the same thing over and over again. However, I bought some of the other DVDs and tried to spice it up a bit. And now with summer, I have more options for getting my exercise in. But my BodyRev is always there... I even use it when I just need to do some quick strength sets. I love my BodyRev and will always have it sitting in the living room so it is always at hand when I need it.

The newer product in my life is SparkPeople. This website offers an array of articles and tools to help anyone trying to lose (or even gain) weight. No matter what your problem, you can find something to help you over it at SP. For me, the biggest help has been the logging of food and exercise. Now Alden has been trying to tell us for months the effect that logging has but for some reason I just didn't put the effort into it. Well now that I can do it regularly on the internet, it is so easy. Plus, being able to see my caloric (or at least a good approximation) intake and the calories (approximate) burned each day has helped a great deal. I find myself thinking more about food... not as in... "I'm starving, I need to eat" but more in the way of "Am I really hungry? Or am I bored?"... "How many calories are in that and is it worth it? What are some better choices?" Plus exercise has become easier when I can actually see the immediate result (calories burned) for that day. Sometimes I find myself thinking... "If I just add another 15 minutes to this bike ride... " SP is a fantastic tool and so easy to use.

So I found myself thinking about myself and all the people from the BB who have found the BR and the support helpful. So I decided to create a SparkTeam specifically for BodyRev users. It is my small way of continuing to get the message out about BodyRev and to continue and pass on the fantastic support that I have recieved thru the BB.

If you'd be interested, check it out... Revving Towards Being Fit and Healthy.

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

Just love your Rev posts Carrie: thought of you when I did Legs today: emotional stress and hoo boy I'm a feeling some make physical fitness the last thing on my mind but that's just stupid: so Legs, gonna Hike, drank a bunch of water and Abs later :)

Like I said, give me a bit of time and I'll start the logging and I have a friend waiting in the wings to do it too!