Quote of the Day

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Good Day...

I started my new job today!!! I feel clumsy and awkward... nervous but that's just because there is much too learn. And it didn't help that I started a damn cold yesterday. So there I sat... sniffling and trying to discreetly blow and wipe... praying and hoping that there was nothing lingering around my nose. Then there's the "ewww" factor. I had to shake some poor woman's hand today, thinking the whole time... "Germ city."

But the training is slow going... lots to learn. I am glad that I am coming in despite still being at Target thru next week. I was afraid that with shortened sleep that I would be brain dead and would not retain any info but that didn't seem to happen. I still have some agent names running thru my head. I am ready to go back tomorrow and start it all over again.

On that note, I heard from the library. They did not offer me the job. Which is what I wanted... no what if's... no wondering if I made the right decision. However, this little part of me is wondering... what the hell didn't they like about me? LOL! I guess I am not easy to please. But al in all, I am happy to have the job that I do. There is so much that is right about it. It is a nice fit. It feels right.

I am back to exercising after taking off more time than I wanted... a busy weekend and a blah yesterday interfered. Today the girls and I went for a bike ride down to a nearby pond. K2 circled the pond looking for frogs while K3 looked for turtles. I kept doing a circuit on the bike down to the end of the block and back around the court... to keep my legs moving and my mileage adding up.

I also got some good news on the fitness front. After I started to get serious about this back at the beginning of April, I ended up putting on 2lbs! But I didn't panic... I knew I was eating better (I was logging it)... I knew I was exercising on a daily basis. I was drinking my water (mostly). I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. So on April 18, I took my measurements so I would have something to use for comparison. On SparkPeople, I joined a monthly challenge to get ready for summer. There are a list of things to strive to do each day... regarding fruits/veggies, water intake, cardio exercise... etc. However, with the challenge we all had to post our starting weight and measurements. Then we will retake and post them on the 15th and again on the 31st. Well, in taking my measurements today, I discovered that while I had only lost 1lb, I had lost inches!! 1.5 from my hips... and 3 inches from my waist!!! I couldn't believe it!!! There were some results that I could not only see in numbers...but also in the way my clothes fit! Yet, more encouragement and motivation to keep on doing this.

I really need to get to bed... I have to work tomorrow and then again, tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Measurements are the way to go! That and the way your clothes fit ... but as women, how hard is that to truly believe. Keep on trucking: you are inspirational (and I still want to borrow one of your fabo kid coaches!)

R&R said...

Rock on, DTF!! Congrats on the new job : )

Anonymous said...

HOOYAH CARRIE!!!! Now how does it feel to start taking control of your body??!!! WAY TO GO - you don't realize how important this milestone is....this time you took control - you didn't panic - you knew what to do - THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

I'm soo proud of you - welcome to a new chapter of life my dear Carrie - now, go live it!!!

CHARLIE MIKE - ALDEN