Quote of the Day

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Internet, Logging and Fitness...

Apparently the day my modem died, Alden decided to stop in and pay me a visit. Thank you for your comments, sir. I am definitely going to live this chapter of my life to its fullest

But the fact that he stopped by last week is actually very funny... because the week he stops by, I am having a bad week fitness-wise. It's strange really how tied my fitness activity is to the internet. I have only been on SparkPeople 6 weeks but already I can now see how logging my daily food intake and exercise has made a change in my life. Without being able to log it on the internet, I stopped logging altogether and ouch! did that hurt!! The food wasn't so bad... although my water consumption, which wasn't great to begin with really tanked. As for exercise, yeah... well, that wasn't so great as well. My strength exercises completely fell by the wayside... and I can definitely notice. I really feel "fluffy" in areas where I was beginning to feel some firmness... abs... butt... arms. As for cardio, I did some but not like I had been doing. And that I definitely felt in my energy level.

Now I am not trying to make excuses but last week was a bit rough for me personally as well only because I was finishing my two week notice out and starting a new job. I wasn't doing regular hours at the new place however it cut into my sleep time which really did not help me out in the evening hours plus it stole away the time that I would normally get some exercise (especially my bike rides).

So as of yesterday I am back to logging (yes, Alden, you were right... Logging definitely makes a difference!) I got my strength exercises in... my abs are thanking me. And I did some cardio on a stationary bike and an elliptical machine. Did I happen to mention that my new job is located in a building that has a fitness center in it? Very cool! A group of the ladies go down during lunch and get a 20-30 minute workout in. I think this will really be beneficial during the winter months for me as well.

So while I had a slow week, I did still manage to lose some pounds(yeah!) but the inches stayed the same and in fact, grew on my hips and waist (ouch!). I definitely need to keep logging and should - GOD FORBID! - ever have another internet crisis, make sure I come up with a back-up plan for logging. May even have to do it the old fashioned way... with a pen and paper.

No comments: