Quote of the Day

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So it's been awhile...

I really don't know what happened but I haven't been around for awhile. My food/mood logging went straight into the toilet along with my Revving. I think it was a combination of things that just made me hit the wall. The frustration of working so hard but being stuck at 30 lbs for so long. There are those that tell me I should be happy with the 3o that I have lost but when you feel like you are putting in the effort and not getting any visible gains (or in this case losses), it is so frustrating!

Then there is also what J says is the biggest factor... the weather. Winter started off so nice this year. Mild temperatures thru December and most of January. Then we got hit with the BIG CHILL and subzero temps. And then came the snow... it seemed like we couldn't go more than a few days without having to pull out the shovels. Now we are halfway into March and finally... FINALLY... can I hear an AMEN? ... getting some decent warm temps. Today it is supposed to hit the mid 60's. I just love seeing the sun... it feels like it has been too long!

So last week I missed my first Rev Report in quite awhile. Boy! Did I hear about it!! People that I didn't know would even care, emailed me to ask if I was okay and that my posts were missed. Well, let me just say that was quite an eye opener. I have to admit that I do my posts strictly for myself. Someone has commented on how honest they are...but what's the point in lying about what exercising you are doing? It's not gonna help me in the long run and the worst case scenario... meeting at a Suz event and still looking the same if not heavier. So nope... no lying for me on my posts. But having said that, I really don't think that anyone cares what I have to say and in fact, I sometimes wonder if people are complaining about having to hear another story about my kids or telling me to quit whining/bragging/etc. But judging from some of the emails I got this week, I was flabbergasted to think that there are those who actually enjoy reading my posts. And just the fact that they took the time to send me an email asking me if I was okay and if I needed help in any way, really just made me feel good.

So... the sun is shining, friends are cheering me on... there should be no problem with starting back up, right? However, I still seemed stalled. But a friend gave me some great suggestions... first, I needed to get myself outside in these mild temps and sunshine, and get myself walking... simple enough, right? Just go outside and get a walk in. Then it was suggested that since I enjoyed the Abs portion so much (I have often described it as my Yoga), that I should focus on just that for a bit. Don't worry about legs... don't worry about the cardio... Just do the abs and try to relax and enjoy it again. But since I own the Essentials Abs DVD and haven't used it yet, I should switch to that hoping to alleviate some of the boredom that may have set in from doing the Essentials DVD over and over and over.

I am hoping that I am back on track... I am definitely not moving at full steam yet. BUT I have done 3 walks since Saturday and have done Essential Abs once... will try it again today. I am not sure if I am going back to the food/mood logging... even when I was faltering on the exercising, my food intake seemed to stay fairly consistent with what I had been doing. The only difference right now is that we have girl scout cookies in the house!!! I may do posts about eating in on occasion but I don't think I am going to keep up with the logging part of it. Right now with my fluctuating schedule, I don't always eat at normal times. And one day may be a shortened day while the next is a 24 hour day. Plus, with being tired from my schedule it is hard to find the food/mood connection. However, I may be moving to a daytime job and if that happens I may consider giving the logging another try. The one thing from the logging that I would like to keep up is the Good Things portion... not sure how I will do it though.

So thanks to those of you who checked in on me... it was greatly appreciated. I am lucky to have friends that I "talk" to everyday but hearing from those of you who I didn't know I had a connection with...just really helped bring me out of my funk. So... thank you!

5 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Great blog -- great to have you back ... that ole man winter has a lot of 'splaining to do! So glad your world is warming up again ... bet spring can't come soon enough for you!

Just finished Sugar Daddy by Kleypas: I want to read it all over again -- it was that good!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... she's back!!!!!!!

Came this l<>l close to emailing you and asking if everything was ok.

The sun is shining - finally. The temps are lovely - finally. The rain... it rained all fall Sept on until the deep freeze.. is due back tomorrow....

I too need to get back into routine. Amazing how a little sun makes you feel better.

S.

emily said...

{{hugs}} you're back!! =o) or, rather, your blog is... i've been checking for a new post - i've really missed reading it!

i think there's something about that the food/mood log that derailed a bunch of us... i know it totally derailed me... that, and neverending nasty winter...

DTF said...

Thanks, ladies! It feels good to be back! I didn't realize how much I missed the blogging. Nice to know I still have an audience despite my abscence. :)

Lemon Stand said...

Oh, you still have an audience, my dear! I'm with you. I dropped off my bodyrev and have only just realized how much worse that made my depression. I think the endorphins help but I too am having problems getting back into a routine.

So glad to see you back online!