Quote of the Day

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Love my Starbucks!

There are 3 different Starbucks that I frequent not to mention the 2 B&N stores that sell Starbucks products. However, the one that is the closest to my place of work is by far my favorite! They have great seating plus a nice little fireplace that is cozy during the winter. However, the biggest reason they are my favorite is they also have the nicest staff working there. Not only am I greeted but they talk to me, ask me how my day is... comment on either my jewelry or something else. They are just very personable. Plus, they give me free stuff!

A couple of months ago, I was stuck behind a woman trying to buy 15 gift cards for $10 each but purchasing them with other gift cards. The cashier ran into a problem because apparently you can't use more than a certain number of gift cards to make a purchase. To make a long story short, it took a loooong time for them to work out the problem and "cheat" the system. I wasn't in a big hurry that day and waited my turn. When I finally got to place my order, I was offered a coupon for a free beverage of my choice on my next visit. And when I used it, I actually had a 3 drink order, 2 talls and 1 venti... they gave me the venti free instead of one of the talls.

Now fast forward to last week... I stopped in before taking some GS cookies into work to distribute. I had quite a bit of singles, 5's and 10's on hand so I could make change if need be for the people paying for cookies. The manager noticed my money and asked if she could buy 2 tens from me. Sure, no problem... I still had the ones and fives for making change. When I picked up my drink, she gave me yet another free drink coupon for "helping" them out. WTH? All I did was give her 2 tens for a twenty... no biggie. But heck yeah, I took the coupon! :)

Then this morning, the cold weather had returned. So as I left work at 5 a.m. I stopped in at Starbucks for a Venti Non-fat, SF Vanilla, Chai Latte and the manager started talking to me and then offered me a "broken" donut. She said it was fresh, she just couldn't sell it. Well, okay... I just started exercising again... and not very much either, but of course, I took it. Come on... it was free! You never get anything free anymore! And it didn't hurt that I had just gotten off work... let me tell ya... that donut was gone by the time I hit the second traffic light.

Starbucks... for me... its a Good Thing!

No comments: