Quote of the Day

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Back at it...

Well, it seems like I have my momentum back again... at least as far as working out is concerned. After a few weeks of mindless drifting and being completely stalled, I then had some good advice from a friend and was able to ease back into it. But it was definitely easing... my attempts were sporadic at best. But now I seem to have renewed vigor and am taking it to the mat...

Starting with Sunday, I have 2 walks in and they were both with J... imagine 6'2" height...thus long leg stride, so I had to work to keep up with him. Then I came home each time and went right into Abs Essentials - Level 1. I will pick some of the BR Essentials back up (especially arms and a cardio or two) but I have decided to do it progressively. Right now I can feel that my legs have been worked but I am not stiff and sore... but my abs... they hurt. All that muscle tone that I had spent months working on... yeah, it was pretty much gone, but I am getting it back. Hell, it even hurts when I sneeze...but I am looking at that as a good thing.

Food consumption has been fairly consistent. I am still trying to make better choices and have stuck to some of my life changing decisions... skim milk, greatly reducing soda intake, wheat vs white (bread, pasta). I eat breakfast everyday... sometimes it is a Slimfast shake with fresh fruit or some peanut butter toast with fruit. And my biggest success has been at work... I am still avoiding the vending machines and am taking lunch from home... turkey sandwich, salad or soup. One area where I seem to have faltered is water intake. It was a real chore to get my water level up to 60-80 ounces a day and I found that if I don't think about it and work at it then I don't do it. So back to THINKING about it! I have another visit to the vampires coming up and I want it to be as easy as the last couple of times... so time for a glass of water!

Sunday:
1 Hour walk
Essen Abs - Level 1

Monday:
1 Hour Walk
Essential Abs - Level 1

Good Things:
Feeling muscles again
The smell of clothes dried on the line
Walking with just the husband

No comments: